Become a Certified Interpreter Today!
The next language interpreter training begins October 12, 2018.
Contact Marybeth to register:
T: 416-323-9149, ext. 251
Click for more information here.
12 Days (84 hours + Testing Day)
Certificate awarded after completing following requirements:
• 80% attendance
• passing the Post Assessment Test (written & audio, 70%)
• successful completion of 3-6 assignments
• human trafficking and sexual violence modules.
- fluency and proficiency in English and another language
- successful completion of the Ontario Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration’s (MCI) approved Interpreter Language and Skills Assessment Tool (ILSAT)
- successful completion of a recognized interpreter training program
- a minimum of a high school diploma, some college and university preferred
- familiarity with social services, including legal and health sectors
- understanding of issues related to violence against women
“Becoming a Certified Interpreter filled me with confidence, self-esteem and energy.”
“I am really happy and passionate about my work. It has been an excellent program.”